Catherine Carter Acupuncture
Acupuncturist and Naturopath in Bristol
A Naturopath is a health therapist that is guided by Naturopathic Principles:
1. We all have a "vital force" or "life force" that, given the right conditions, will self-correct and self-heal.
2. Prevention is preferable to cure.
3. The root (underlying) cause of dysfunction is treated, not the branches (symptoms).
4. The whole person is treated: physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
5. Health is not merely an absence of illness, it is abundant vitality.
6. The person is treated, not the disease.
7. Each individual is unique and responds differently.
8. All disease starts with a disruption to the body's homeostatic mechanisms and health is a return to balance of these mechanisms.
9. Ill-health is a product of the internal environment rather than external influences.
10. Illness is due to a deficiency or an excess and treatment will either strengthen or clear/detoxify.
11. Ailments should not be suppressed. Symptoms are there for a reason.
12. A Naturopath is a teacher, empowering the patient to take responsibility for his/her own health.
I currently integrate my Naturopathic training as part of my acupuncture treatments rather than as a stand alone treatment. As part of my Diploma, I studied:
I mostly use Bach Flower Remedies, nutrition and body work as part of my acupuncture treatments.